Traditional Italian Foods:
- Pizza is a flatbread topped with tomato sauce and cheese.
- Pasta is a staple in the Italian diet. It is made from wheat and water.
- Lasagna is a dish which sheets of pasta are layered on top of each other. In between the pasta there is often tomato sauce, meat, and ricotta cheese.
- Cannolis are hard pastries filled with sweetened ricotta cheese.
- Italians have invented many different types of beautiful architecture. It is home to some of the most famous structures in the world.
- The Italian currency is called the Euro. One Euro is equal to about 1.20 USD.
- Italians celebrate the Epiphany 12 days after Christmas. An old woman named Befana delivers presents to children. It is celebrated to remember the three kings who visited Jesus. Children leave there shoes out and hope they are filled with presents when they awake.
- Although the Mona Lisa resides in France it is an Italian masterpiece created by Leonardo da Vinci.