Traditional Canadian Foods
- A very popular food in Canada are cheese curds. A cheese curd is a curdled piece of milk.
- Poutine is french fries covered with cheese curds and gravy. It is very common in Canada.
- Pâté chinois is a French-Canadian food that consists of beef, corn, and mash potatoes. It could be compared to shepherd's pie.
- Oreilles de crisse are deep-fried pork rinds. The rinds are usually made from smoked pork cheek.
- Canadians play a wide variety of sports, but are very well known for hockey and other winter sports.
- A major holiday in Canada is Canada day. It is kind of like the Canadian 4th of July as there are many festivals and parties. It is celebrated on July 1st and celebrates the constitution act which united Canada, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick in 1867.
- Folk music is a very popular genre of music in Canada especially in Quebec.
- One tradition in Quebec is the Calgary Stampede. It's a large outdoor show with concerts, rodeos, rides, a parade, and much more.